On Thursday, 01 November 2001 at 14:34, Steven G. Harms wrote:
> David,
>
> What I'm after is this.  I have an IMAP box of the form:
>
> user.steven
> user.steven.Advisory
> user.steven.Advisory.A
> user.steven.Advisory.B
> user.steven.Advisory.C
> user.steven.Advisory.D
> user.steven.Advisory.D2
> user.steven.Advisory.E
> user.steven.Advisory.L
> user.steven.Advisory.M
> user.steven.Advisory.S
> user.steven.Career
> user.steven.Career.M
> user.steven.Career.P
> user.steven.Career.r
> user.steven.Career.T
> user.steven.Career.Tr
>
> The server filters messages into these subfolders for me.
>
> As a result of this, I have to change directory to the
> user.steven.advisory folder and hit enter.  When I do this, I see all
> the subfolders.  There is no way to, from the default view, see if
> there is new mail in any of those subfolders.
>
> Anyone know of a way to get this 'has new message' information?

you need something like
set spoolfile=imap://host/INBOX
set folder=imap://host/user.steven
mailboxes ! =Advisory.A =Advisory.B
...etc

then you will be notified when you get new mail in any of the mailboxes
you've defined with the 'mailboxes' command. In addition, if you press
tab a second time from the folder browser you will be taken to the
mailbox view, where with the right folder_format you can see how many
new mails are in each mailbox. I use:

set folder_format="%3C %t %?N?%2N&  ? %10F %8s %f"

-b

PS for user.steven you can probably write INBOX throughout.

PGP signature