I have a theory as to what happened with that message I sent that was
delivered to the list with another message, containing sircam,
dangling off the end.

I just sent a reply to Lars's post about that message, in that thread,
and immediately got back a "queued for moderator approval"
message. I'm subscribed as <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, but I had sent
both the corrupted message and that reply to Lars from
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

So, my message would have landed in Steve's moderator mailbox. Part of
his mail system reacted poorly to the control characters in the
message following and didn't separate it out as a separate
message. When Steve went to hand-approve the message, he used mutt,
which we've found doesn't show the corrupted bits on the end.

If Steve uses mbox, then it's pretty easy to figure out where the
problem might have originated, because that's a particularly mbox-ish
sort of corruption.

(And just think, if that other message didn't have sircam, we might
never have found out that there was a problem.)

Cheers,

  -Rich

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!

PGP signature