On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 06:33:28PM +0000, Lars Hecking ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> Bruno Postle writes:
> > On Sat 03-Nov-2001 at 11:06:16AM -0500, Rich Lafferty wrote:
> > >
> > > (In case you haven't already gone "D'oh!":)
> >
> > Am I the only person who got a huge windows virus tagged onto the end of
> > that email?
>
>  I never saw it because it was rejected on my mail gateway.
>
>  Yes, Rich's message was infected with the SirCam virus. The pgp sig was
>  attachment 3, the virus was attachment 4. You can inspect the complete
>  message at
>
>   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mutt-users&m=100480801725434&w=2
>
>  This is quite interesting. Attachment 4 is a complete message to the list
>  moderator (Steve K), so I'm wondering where and how exactly it got attached.
>  It doesn't look like the virus came from Rich (which would have surprised
>  me massively ;-)

Weird. The non-PGP-signed bits didn't originate here (only windows
here point over the lawn), and best as I can tell from a copy
forwarded to me is that there was some mailbox corruption at gbnet.
Or at least that's what the formfeeds in the Return-Path of the
message that got appended to mine suggest to me :-)

For those who need to investigate, I've put a copy of the message up
on the Web:

  http://www.lafferty.ca/misc/mutt-list-sircam-foo

I'd recommend grabbing it with wget and looking at it in your favorite
pager, rather than in a browser.

Those who saw it and thought "This last part wasn't signed! It must
not be from Rich!" get brownie points. Those that didn't need to read
their PGP manuals again :-)

Cheers,

  -Rich

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!