The header info in there plain as day.  I guess when you terminate
the editor, mutt must move the 'header' content from the editor's
temp file into the 'header' and then leave the body as the
text attachment.  This, of course, being the only thing operated
upon by the 'F' option.

Anyway, it appears I'm at an impasse.  Anyone out there have any
ideas?

Steven

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 01:58:41PM -0500, David T-G wrote:
>Steven --
>
>...and then Steven G. Harms said...
>% Regrettably not, i'm talking IMAP to my server..
>
>Ah.  That makes it a little trickier.
>

>%=20
>% Is it possible to to maybe pipe that to a little shell scrp that
>% could parse the right field, and then pump that back INTO mutt=20
>% in the CC field???
>
>At this point I'd probably ensure that edit_headers is turned on so that
>you get the whole shebang and use sed (or awk) to capture the subject
>line and spit out a cc: line (you can just tack that onto the headers as
>an additional line; mutt will handle it) and then dive into your editor
>as usual.
>
>Hmmm...  Actually, $editor will be handed the name of an existing file,
>so you might want to do this in perl where you can write back to the
>file easily.
>

>%=20
>% Anyone?
>
>Have fun :-)  Post your results, too!
>

>%=20
>% steven
>

>:-D
>--=20
>David T-G                      * It's easier to fight for one's principles
>(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED] * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie
>(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>http://www.justpickone.org/davidtg/    Shpx gur Pbzzhavpngvbaf Qrprapl Npg!

- --=20
[The first attachment to this email is a cryptographic signature.
I protect my privacy by using GnuPG for Linux]

         ||                     ||          Steven G. Harms=20
        :||:                   :||:         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
       ::||::                 ::||::        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[[Cisco Systems:  Empowering the Internet Generation]]
- --+pHx0qQiF2pBVqBT

- --+pHx0qQiF2pBVqBT--