On 2001-11-22 08:18:18 +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:

>My autoresponder was sorted out. Yesterday after subscribing to
>vm-pop3d-users, I went to add the list name to the mailbot and
>kinda made a fatal error.

>(list1|\
>list2|\
>list3|
>vm-pop3d-users|)

>That ommission in the line continuation has caused so much grief
>to me and almost the whole world. At some point such fuck-ups come
>in because of so much pressure around.

Frankly, I think the logic of your autoresponder is flawed.

Instead of not responding to messages to known mailing lists, you
should rather restrict repsonses to messages which explicitly
mention your e-mail address in the header, just like vacation(1) did.

That way, a configuration error will normally have effect that some
messages don't get automatic responses, which is much more friendly
to mailing list posters.

--
Thomas Roessler                        http://log.does-not-exist.org/