On 11/26/01 10:21 PM, Patrik Modesto sat at the `puter and typed:
> Hi,
> I often get mail with attachement like this:
>
> begin 666 Studie.doc
> MT,\1X*&Q&N$`````````````````````/@`#`/[_"0`&```````````````!
> M````/P``````````$ ``00````$```#^____`````#X```#_____________
> M____________________________________________________________
>
> <snip>
>
> `
> end
>
> It is sent from MSOE and it looks like that, only when the user forwards
> interesting messages to someone else. When sending new composed mail,
> attachement looks right and is recogniced by mutt. I think, this is not
> a valid form of attachement.
>
> What can be wrong?

Looks like a M$ Word attachment. You have to edit the mailcap file and
tell it how to handle these attachments. You might want to take a look
at third party  apps for Mutt (look in the  archives, or maybe someone
can repost  the URI? I don't  remember it offhand). At  the mutt page,
you can  take a look at  mutt pages by  mutt users. There are  lots of
very cool  things you  can do  to have almost  any kind  of attachment
handled and viewable automatically - if you want.

Mutt will do  most anything you need  or want it to do,  but the front
end work  can be a  long process.  Get using it,  and find out  how to
solve each  problem when  it gets  to the point  where it's  worth the
while to search mutt.org  and the list, etc. I don't  think I can ever
use  another MUA,  but  I still  haven't gotten  all  the rough  edges
smoothed out completely.

BTW, if  you want  to view  Word Docs inline,  there are  useful links
directly from Mutt regarding configuration. The 3rd party app you want
is wv, I think. Used to be wordview, but it changed a while back.

HTH
Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.keyslapper.org                     ԿԬ

Steinbach's Guideline for Systems Programming:
  Never test for an error condition you don't know how to handle.