According to Sven Guckes on Sat, Dec 01, 2001 at 11:46:29AM +0100:
> * Eric Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [011201 09:09]:
> > Changing and navigating folders is one of
> > the most fundamental functions of a MUA...
>
> or so it should be, one would think.
> then again, managing messages could
> be regarded as a database problem -
> and thus it's not an mua prob at all.

anything could be regarded as anything
but I believe my comment corresponds
to current reality.

> > so something that makes this more convenient
> > by obviating a silly keypress each time can IMO,
> > hardly be regarded as adding a kitchen sink.
>
> patch your own version?  insert a
> '+' into the prompt by default?

or write my own mua (or os, or ....)
I want to work way above that level.
apt-get install mutt - with unstable keeps me on the latest
version and I get on with my life (maybe that sounds selfish).
(dont check the version of this mutt - its not on my deb
machine).

> > The reading and attaching problem, may be fixed
> > if with the set editor command you could cd to
> > another dir before launching your editor.
>
>  set editor="cd /dir; edit %s"
>
> ok, so you can oput this into a script
> and then use "set editor=script"..
yeah that works but dont change convenience of being
in my ~ dir for:
attaching in the compose screen
writing out a file from an attachment or body

> and what about this:
>   save-hook . +
that dont help change-folder
and when I just tried it now it did not work :(

I still think that an option to have all folder
related operations work by default on your mail $folder
is practical and generally useful

But thanks anyway for some extra hackery ammunition to
reduce the inconvenience.  Mutt istill does suck less as
the author says.

--
Eric Smith
Fruitcom.com Benelux