Rene, et al --

...and then Ren? Clerc said...
% * Nicolas Rachinsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [05-12-2001 00:05]:
%
% | mark_old unset, new messages stay new (until read), and messages
% | marked_old become new when you leave the mailbox (just try it).
%
% Aha! I didn't know this; this explains a lot! I wasn't familiar with
% this behaviour, and even think it can be considered a bug.

Worse yet, it's not when you leave the mailbox but when you enter it
again, and then manually setting mark_old on does nothing.  I didn't
figure this out until I tried writing the mailbox with some 'O'ld
messages over and over and over again and then finally got back in with

  mutt -F /dev/null -f =boxname

and found them 'O'ld as I expected but as they never were upon re-entry.

%
% | The
% | patch changes the behaviour in respect with old messages and unset
% | mark_old, the messages stay old (and new messages stay new).
%
% I see! Like I said, I would've already expected this behaviour.

Yep.  This is another patch that will go into my cocktail.

%
% Excusez-moi!
%
% --
% René Clerc                      - ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
%
% It's not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop at the end.
% -Douglas Adams

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]