Dear diary, on Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 12:07:15AM CET, I got a letter,
where "Curt W. Zirzow" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> told me, that...
> This has probably been rehashed a few times in the list but I'm trying
> to find an efficient way to remove the tag for mailing lists. For
> example:
>
> Subject: [maillist] this is subject.
>
> I want to read:
>
> Subject: this is subject
>

> I have created a script that is filtered through procmail but is there a
> mutt solution for this?
Just in hope this will help anyone... I don't remove this tag from subject,
I just want to keep having threading right, but reply appears as [tag] Re:,
not Re: [tag], so no threading. This solves that:

set reply_regexp="^((\\[|\\()[^]]+(\\]|\\)))?([ \t]*(re([\\[0-9\\]+])*|aw):[ \t]*)?"

Yup, it looks awful and it can be simplified (using [] instead of (|)), however
this way it works for me so I'm not going to dig in it anymore :).

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

UN*X programmer, UN*X administrator, hobbies = IPv6, IRC, FreeCiv hacking
.
  "A common mistake that people make, when trying to design
   something completely foolproof is to underestimate the
   ingenuity of complete fools."
     -- Douglas Adams in Mostly Harmless
.
Public PGP key, geekcode and stuff: http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/