Hello,

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 06:02:53PM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Right, that's what the excellent programs iconv and recode are for,

I also suffer from the same problem. In such cases, I don't use any
external programs; instead, I "v"iew-attachments, "^E"dit-type, and
override the charset.

Hope this helps.

However, I have two problems with this approach:

1. I can't save the change.
   If I move the message with overridden charset into another folder, it
   returns to the original state.

2. It doesn't scale.
   I'm subscribed to a list, where 99% of messages are broken like
   described above, from a POP account. When I "G" fetch-mail, it's a
   pain to fix each message.

Does anyone know how to solve these, especially the second one? Can I
make mutt automatically override charset of messages matching a certain
criterion (e.g., "To: .* <group@domain\.com>")?

Thanks in advance,
Baurjan.