Hi,

Wow ! This is the first time I've seen a mail to the cs.hmc.edu address.
Please send mails to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001 Balazs Javor spewed into the ether:
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting a lot of mails novadays which have no
> subject and no body at all. They all seem to come
> from various mailing list I'm subscribed to, nut mostly
> from debian-users and linux-kernel. Also all of them
> seem to have a bounce address of that list in the From
> headers. e.g bounce-debian-user... or owner-linux-kernel...
>
> I've read once somewhere, that sometimes the MUA might separate
> one message into two, but I don't remember the datails.
> Also if this is the case, should I not have the other halves
> somewhere?

No idea what you're talking about.

> I'm using procmail to filter mail from mailing lists to their
> own folders, but these messages end up in my spool folder,
> so it's hard to see if there is another 'half' somewhere...

Easiest would be to put in the following lines into you procmailrc :

VERBOSE=on
LOGFILE=$HOME/.procmail/log.`date +%m-%y`

and then look through your log files.

I also take the additional precaution of archiving my mails and their
headers *before* any of the recipes. So, just in case a recipe fails
(you never know), I always have my mails in my archive file.

> Does anybody have any ideas what might be the cause or
> how to investigate?

You could also look through the Message-Id headers to see if it some
weird loop. Though, by the look of it, there doesn't seem to be any.

pv.

--
Prahlad Vaidyanathan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                What, me worry ?
http://www.symonds.net/~prahladv/                    Don't Panic !