On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 12:45:43PM +0100, Thomas Roessler wrote:
> On 2001-12-10 14:31:54 -0800, Vineet Kumar wrote:
>
> >I think your best bet is to check them at delivery time via your
> >MDA (maildrop, procmail, etc.) Have it add a header indicating its
> >results, and have mutt perform checks based on the presence or
> >contents of this header.
>
> I'd also recommend some kind of reversible spam filtering - after
> all, razor has had a couple of bad false positives in the past week
> or so, including bugtraq posts and messages to the razor-users
> mailing list.
>
> Possible approaches include using mutt's scoring, or creating a
> special folder to which all messages identified as spam by razor are
> written.

I installed the spamassassin a week ago and I *love* it.

http://spamassassin.taint.org or from CPAN

It uses Vipul's Razor as one of its spam scoring methods.
By default the weight 3 of a possible 5 so that the Razor
alone is insufficient for spamassassin to mark a message as
spam, but gets it really close.  Some other feature like a
forged From addr is enought, so it is damn impressive.

The .procmailrc below makes a reversible spam filter for me
(I skim with 'mutt -f =caughtmail' periodically to see if
it made any mistakes) and added a mutt macro in my .muttrc
to report spam it didn't catch to the Razor.  Here are the
snippets from my dotfiles.  I got this from spamassasin's
own README file... the URL follows the dotfile snippets.

-- my .muttrc --
# Give the message to Vipul's Razor
macro index X "| spamassassin -r"

-- my .procmailrc --