> Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 13:14:35 +0000
> From: Bruno Postle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Mutt Users <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: setting content-type of attachments
>
> On Thu 13-Dec-2001 at 11:53:10AM +0100, Roman Neuhauser wrote:
> >
> > > I would be interested if somebody had a better solution involving
> > > mime-magic or something that didn't rely on file extensions.
> >
> > Sorry for replying this late, but have you checked how file(1) works?
>
> Yep, it's something that looks-up magic numbers to identify filetypes,
> instead of relying on file extensions - Much like mime-magic.
>
> Do you have a way of using it in mutt to set the mime-type of an
> attachment?

    No. I guess mutt would have to use the code to gain this ability,
    but I might be wrong.

    Anyway, I just wanted to point out that there _is_ something that
    can guess the mime type based on the contents of the file.

--
FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE
2:35PM up 51 days, 1:18, 13 users, load averages: 0.19, 0.26, 0.17