Munish --

...and then Munish Chopra said...
%
% Hi,

Hello!

%
% I couldn't find too much helpful stuff through google or the archives,
% so here goes...

At least you looked first; thanks! :-)

%
% I'm trying to construct a fcc-save-hook thingamajig that will save all
% outgoing mail into a file, except for mail sent to certain lists etc.
%
% Right now I have:
%
% fcc-save-hook . +sent-mail/sent-mail-`date +%d-%b-%Y`
%
% ...which sends all my outgoing mail to
% ~/Mail/sent-mail/sent-mail-[day-month-year]

Man, that must play hell with your sorting :-)  Why not Y-M-D instead,
I wonder?

%
% Would it work if I added, for instance, these lines:
%
% fcc-save-hook '~C [EMAIL PROTECTED]'
% +sent-mail/sent-mail-hackers-`date +%d-%b-%Y`

Looks fine to me.  Why not just try it and see what you get?  You don't
even have to really send any email; just put the hooks in and then start
to send some mail and check the Fcc: value at the compose menu and then
abort the message and move on to the next test case (you, a friend, a
possible regexp match like hackers@yourbox, and the lists themselves).

HTH & HAND

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]