John --

...and then John P . Verel said...
%
% Now....if I could just figure out how to keep Mutt from putting double
% quotes around my name in the from line?

You should have started a new thread ;-)

I'm afraid you're stuck with 'em until you remove the period from your
fullname.  IIRC it's part of the RFC spec, but I at least know that it's
come up on the list before.  I expect someone can provide you a pointer
to the authoritative reference, though :-)

%
% John

HTH & HAND

:-D