On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 08:02:03PM +0000, Thomas Hurst wrote:
> * Gary Johnson ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
>
> > On the other hand, maybe giving them an explicit choice of formats
> > would be better.
>
> Personally I'd multipart/alternate the Word version so even if word
> breaks they can still read the message, and give a choice of not
> including the word version at signup.  Same with HTML; I may well be
> able to read HTML messages, but if lynx breaks I'd still like to be able
> to read it, if only to find how to change it :)

What I meant was that maybe I should send the attachments to everyone as
multipart/mixed so that they would see two attachments, form.doc and
form.txt, and could decide when they respond which version they want to
fill out.  I would prefer not to keep track of which recipients prefer
which version, but I suppose that really wouldn't be that much extra
work.

Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   | Spokane, Washington, USA