On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 01:36:51PM +0800, Charles Jie (dis)graced my inbox with:
> You should not keep that many messages in a working 'folder' (indeed
> file). You'd better initialize a new one for high traffic folder
> yearly, quarterly or even monthly.

I agree, I automatically move all my old mail into compressed folders
that are named for the year and month of the mails in them.

If you need help setting that up, just ask :)

> For sent folder, I'll rename the file to sent.2001 soon in the end of
> this year.

Or you could have mutt do this for you automatically. Much nicer :)

--
Rob 'Feztaa' Park
[EMAIL PROTECTED]