On 2001.12.28, in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
        "Charles Jie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Obviously I don't mean 'e' (edit) command count.
>
> The purpose of it is that I want to give keywords or category to read messages so
>that I can search them easier later.
>
> If I can add this field easily when I save it or before I press 's' with
> ease, I don't bother to save messages into that many folders. :)

The X-Label: header is regonized for this purpose. %y expands it in the
index view, if you like, and ~y searches on it. It's supported in the
1.3 series, but you need a patch for 1.2.

The basic support in 1.3 only provides recognition of the header, not
editing. (You edit it using edit-message.) Another patch provides a
binding (edit-label, 'y') to edit the header within mutt, with no
external editor. I find this much easier to use, personally.

All patches are at
        http://home.uchicago.edu/~dgc/mutt#x-label

--
 -D.    [EMAIL PROTECTED]        NSIT    University of Chicago