On Sun, 06 Jan 2002, Ken Wahl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I thought the issue with the newer versions of Mixmaster was that they
> didn't accept the -T switch to view remailer lists?  2 nights ago I
> spent hours on the mutt-users mail archive reading anything that had to
> do with Mixmaster.

Mix-2.9beta32 comes with the -T switch.

> I did manage to find an old redhat rpm of mixmaster 2.04 that I was able
> to install on RH 7.1 .  It works by itself fine.  It fails in mutt.
> Mutt is able to bring up the Mix menu and let me choose remailers but
> when I send I can see the shell output a lot of garbage ( "Error"
> repeatedly ) and the message doesn't get sent. And yes I compiled mutt
> with the --with-mixmaster=/usr/lib/mixmaster configuration switch.

This is exactly the symptom I experienced.  Try choosing only one
remailer.  If I remember correctly, that worked even before I patched
mutt.

> 2 questions:
>
> Is your patch the only patch that you know of that is needed to run
> newer versions of mixmaster?

I dare only speak about Mix-2.9beta32.  It works perfectly after
applying only this patch.

> Do you think it will work with 1.3.25i?

I just had a look at the 1.3.25i source.  My patch won't apply.  But
it appears as if this problem is already fixed.  If you're using
1.3.25i and Mixmaster still doesn't work, something else must be
wrong.  There's some new dependencies in 1.3.25i though, so I haven't
tried compiling it myself yet.  I might be wrong about this.

> And finally, a big thanks for coding the patch.  It seemed that interest
> in Mixmaster had completely died out.

No problem.  Sorry I didn't send it to the list earlier so you had to
waste all those hours reading the archives =)  I personally use mutt
because of its gpg and mix support, so there's still some interest

--
Johan Andersson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://johan.nforced.com/
GnuPG public key id: 0x6415B9F7 (1024 bits)