On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 02:00:18PM -0500, David T-G wrote:
> Michael --
>
> ...and then Michael Maibaum said...
> %
> % Hi all,
> % name to the top level of my Mail dir and to please my slightly
> % obbsessive sense of tidieness I would like to move them to a subdir
> % called outbox/
> % this seems easy enough to do if you are saving all the mail to a single
> % mailbox, but is there a way to do it if you are saving to recipeint
> % named mailboxes?
>
> Use the %O expando (that's an oh and not a zero, mind you) as outlined in
> section 6.3.80 (index_format) in a hook something like
>
>   fcc-save-hook . =outbox/%O

OK, in theory, this is exactly what I want... except it doesn't work, it
always saves to my name :(    outbox/mike

looking at the manual, it says fcc-save-hook will match the author or
the recipient, although the way it is written it looks like it is
supposed to match recipients alone if you are the author (maybe?).
if this is looking at both from and the to fields, then the save-hook
implicit in fcc-save-hook will overide the mailbox and put it in mike
as that is what it matches first

commenting out the save hook restores the saving to the correctly named
file, just in the wrong place.

so, still confused...

Michael

--
Dr Michael A. Maibaum - (W)+1 (415) 561 1682 - (H)+1 (415) 626 6733
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <URL:http://www.gene-hacker.net/main/index.php>