further to my last post, here's a sample of my .muttrc:

color signature brightred      default
color tilde     blue           default
color tree      brightmagenta  default
color underline yellow         default
color body      yellow         default  "[;:]-[)/(|]"  # colorise smileys
color body      yellow         default  "[;:][)/(|]"
color body      brightblue     default  "(http|ftp|news|telnet|finger)://[^ ]*"
color index     yellow         default  ~N      # New
color index     yellow         default  ~O      # Old
color index     cyan           default  '~t adm' # mail to the adm group
color index     cyan           default  '~c adm' # mail to the adm group
color index     magenta        default  '~t uvsubnet' # mail to CNUG list
color index     magenta        default  '~c uvsubnet' # mail to CNUG list
color index     brightgreen    default  '~p'    # mail to myself
color index     brightcyan     default  '~P'    # mail from myself
color index     brightred      default  '~s dump'
color index     brightmagenta     default  '~s backup'
color index     magenta        default  ~F      # Flagged
color index     blue           default  ~T      # Tagged
color index     red            default  ~D      # Deleted

again, ideas why I get an error on "default" under mutt 1.3.25 and
Solaris 8?

--
Carl B. Constantine             University of Victoria
Programmer Analyst              http://www.uvic.ca