On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, David T-G wrote:

> Sam --
>
> ...and then Samuel Padgett said...
> %
> % darren chamberlain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> %
> % > In vim:
> % >
> % >   set titleold=My\ Old\ Xterm\ Title
> % >
> % > and it will restore the xterm's title to that string.
> %
> % Yes, but I'd like Vim to restore the XTerm title to whatever it
> % was before I started Vim.  This might be something different each
> % time.
>
> He answered this later, too.  Check out
>
>   :help title

something like that.  Reading the code, I see that it doesn't use the
xterm escape sequence for getting that information, but requires that
vim is linked with the X libraries.  (A little surprising, since they
implemented that feature a year or two after I added the escape sequences
from dtterm, and I'd assumed they were using those).

--
T.E.Dickey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://invisible-island.net