On 2002.01.23, in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
        "Richard G. Ball" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> #!/bin/sh
> mutt -nz -F $HOME/.mutt/mutt.archiving -f test-folder -e "push 'T~d -01/01/02
> ;s archivetest
> q'"
>
> but it isn't *quite* working. The file to which the messages are
> written isn't archivetest but rather archivetest prepended with the
> user address from the first selected message. I tried turning the
> various variables associated with filenames off (in mutt.archiving):

Looks like your push sequence is just appending to the default name
already in the edit buffer. One way around this would be just to put a
<kill-line> as the first binding after the ";s".

mutt -nz -F $HOME/.mutt/mutt.archiving -f test-folder -e \
"push '<tag-pattern>~d -01/01/02\
<enter><tag-prefix><save-message><kill-line>archivetest'"

(I've replaced your keystrokes with the binding symbols, for
portability.)

--
 -D.    [EMAIL PROTECTED]        NSIT    University of Chicago