On 2002.01.27, in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
        "Sven Guckes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> * JASH <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [020127 17:46]:
> > Is it possible to kill the last oldest messages in Maildir
> > automaticly, for example if mails past 1000 already?
>
> yes.  but mutt won't do this unless you start it yourself.
> besides of this - mutt is not the tool for this.
>
> hint:  maildir format + cron + fileutils

I'm not sure about this. The mtime on a maildir message file does
not have to be the same as the delivery date of the message,
Unixly speaking. Does the maildir "specification" (ahem) or mutt's
implementation actually guarantee this to a point sufficient to delete
mail without worry?

P.S. I always forget which GNU programs "fileutils" are. Perhaps that's
because they're not installed on my computer, but it seems more useful
to mention them by name, either way.

--
 -D.    [EMAIL PROTECTED]        NSIT    University of Chicago