I have the impression that this is unsolvable.  In any case, if I attempt
to post to  [EMAIL PROTECTED], I get this message:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
    (reason: 550-Envelope sender verification failed)

... while talking to mail.sourceforge.net.:
>>> DATA
<<< 550-Envelope sender verification failed
<<< 550 rejected: there is no valid sender in any header line (envelope
sender is <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>). Your mail server returned:
+Response from mx1.optonline.net [167.206.5.6] was "550 5.1.1 unknown or
illegal alias: [EMAIL PROTECTED]" when checking for existence+of
a postmaster mailbox. RFC 822 section 6.3 (which you have to abide by if
you send and receive Email) states that you are required to have+a
postmaster mailbox that is routed to the person responsible for mail
(http://www.rfc822.com/).  We need to be able to contact you at the
+postmaster address to resolve potential problems if need be before we
can accept your mail. Please create a postmaster account at your
site.554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

My .muttrc includes:
set envelope_from="yes"
set use_from=yes
my_hdr From: John P Verel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The From above is my true address at optonline.

I'm completely baffled on this one.

--
John P. Verel
Living Proof That Low Tech Beats High Tech!