On 2002.02.20, in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
        "Aaron Schrab" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 14:15 -0800 20 Feb 2002, Mun Johl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I tried another test and fired up mutt in dtterm instead of rxvt.
> > dtterm displayed the umlauts correctly, so I don't understand why the
> > characters get messed up in rxvt when I use the same locale settings.
>
> Sounds like rxvt is using a font for a different character set than that
> specified by your locale settings.

For Solaris, I *highly* recommend the xterm source tree that Thomas
Dickey maintains.

        http://dickey.his.com/xterm/

I've tried aterm, wterm, Eterm, native xterm, dtterm, rxvt, commandtool
(et al.), gnome-terminal, and at least one other terminal app on Solaris
(besides Terminal.app itself :)), and only this xterm has given me color
with no pain.

Well, except that it crashes whenever I try to use an xterm menu under
en_US.ISO8859-15. That's a little weird, but I'm not too stuck on the
euro symbol. And I see 15 new patch-levels since I last installed it, so
emaybe that's resolved.

--
 -D.    [EMAIL PROTECTED]        NSIT    University of Chicago