On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 02:52:57PM +0000, Bruno Postle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu 21-Feb-2002 at 03:28:48PM +0100, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> >
> > Hmm, but how to do this?  Sometimes, messages don't contain my
> > message-id in the References, aren't To: or Cc: me (eg. a message
> > "far" down in the thread), but mutt will still show that it belongs to
> > a given thread.
>
> You can't with the current 'limit' command.  A context-limit ability
> (like grep -C) would be a useful refinement to mutt though.
>
> In fact, most of the time I use 'limit' I would prefer to use a more
> general context-with-threads-limit than the current behaviour.  I often
> find myself limiting to a pattern, picking a message, showing everything
> to see the thread, limiting again, picking a message etc..

Hmm, maybe a tag-pattern-threads and a limit-pattern-threads command?
Sounds useful to me, and relatively easy to implement.  As it is, I
usually limit, and do tag-thread on each visible message, and then limit
to tagged, which works but is kind of a pain.

-Daniel

--
Daniel E. Eisenbud
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"We should go forth on the shortest walk perchance, in the spirit of
undying adventure, never to return,--prepared to send back our embalmed
hearts only as relics to our desolate kingdoms."
                                        --Henry David Thoreau, "Walking"