Hi darren,
* darren chamberlain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [Mit 06 Mär 2002 10:01:56 GMT]:
> Quoting David Collantes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [Mar 06, 2002 09:52]:
> > I have a very long list of mailboxes. When I get into the
> > mailbox list, I can see at the top I have 3 mailboxes with new
> > messages, but I have to scroll down looking for those 3 one's.
> > If there a way to mask and show only the mailboxes with new
> > messages in it?
>
> My (imperfect) solution is to reverse sort by modification time
> (Oz in the file browser).  Since I keep mutt open all day, and
> change mailboxes pretty often, it offers a simple way to sort
> folders.  All the ones with new mail (usually) end up on or near
> the top.

If you start your mutt more often another solution could be to to
only "mailboxes" mailboxes which are recently modified.

My mailboxes command in muttrc is:

mailboxes `find $HOME/.procmail/backup $HOME/.procmail/duplicates $MAIL
$HOME/Mail/root $HOME/Mail/spam $HOME/Mail/~ml/* -mtime -9|tr "\n" " "`

so mutt sees only mailboxes which are modified in the last 9
days.  Mailinglists are in $HOME/Mail/~ml/

Ciao, Gregor