> Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 08:34:50 +0800
> From: Charles Jie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: mutt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: How to display texts encoded in UTF-8?
>
> Hi,
>
> My linux box has locale zh_TW.Big5 (Traditional Chinese). I have the
> following settings in .muttrc and it works well in most of the cases.
>
>     set charset="big5"
>     charset-hook "" big5      # for the mail missing 'charset'
>
> But from time to time, I may get mail from MUA that encodes in UTF-8.
> Then the pager would fail to display.
>
> Could anybody give a hand? I can not find solution in manual.txt.

    Hi Charles,

    this is what I get when I grep my .muttrc for 'charset':

    set charset = "iso-8859-2"
    set send_charset = "us-ascii:iso-8859-2:utf-8"

    and utf-8 messages are displayed just fine. Makes me think you
    should be looking elsewhere. Sorry for not having an answer.

--
FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE
5:02PM up 8 days, 18:10, 9 users, load averages: 0.03, 0.02, 0.00