On Mar 10, Maik Holtkamp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I just spend the weekend by trying to bind edit in compose menu like
> the manual told me:
>
> 6.4.7
> edit                       e   edit the message
>
> Since mutt did not stop complaining for:
>
> bind compose <left> edit
>
> I asked in my distribution mailing list and there was a guy with the
> right hint:
>
> bind compose <left> edit-message
>
> Nothing serious and any guy reading manuals not character by
> character should have found out anyway, but me was lacking in that
> kind of "fantasy" :(.

The typo in the manual is of course a bad thing, and it should be
corrected. However, when messing with macros and keybindings it is
always a good idea also to check the help screens (with '?'), to get the
names of all available functions. In the compose menu the help screen
says:

e              edit-message              edit the message

Regards,
Holger