Quoting Rob Reid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [Mar 12, 2002 18:43]:
> Modified Julian Dates are completely numeric and therefore
> suitable for all Earthlings (not just astronomers) but
> unfortunately my /bin/date, from Red Hat's sh-utils-2.0-11 RPM,
> doesn't support them.  It really should.

Completely unrelated to the rest of this thread, but:

$ rpm -qi sh-utils | head -2 | cut -c-30
Name        : sh-utils
Version     : 2.0.11

$ /bin/date +%j
072

The sh-utils on my RH 7.2 box seems to support julian dates just
fine.

(darren)

--
We are not who we think we are. We are not who others think we are.
We are who we think others think we are.