I am using mutt 1.3.27 w/ muttprint.
Previously I used

set print_command="lpr"

which worked quite fine. I downloaded muttprint, installed it, copied over
the default .muttprintrc and made minimal changes to it to get it to work.
But, on trying to print, though it gives a message: Messages printed;
nothing is actually printed.

the error log shows the following, which makes me suspect it is a Latex
error, but I may be wrong. I have *not* ever used or configured Latex on
my machine.

-------------------excerpts from error log---------------------

Overfull \vbox (12.49998pt too high) has occurred while \output is active

LaTeX Warning: Reference `LastPage' on page 1 undefined on input line 82.

[1] (mail.aux)

LaTeX Warning: There were undefined references.

LaTeX Warning: Label(s) may have changed. Rerun to get cross-references
right.

)
(see the transcript file for additional information)
Output written on mail.dvi (1 page, 2124 bytes).

<snip>

Output written on mail.dvi (1 page, 2076 bytes).
Transcript written on mail.log.
dvips: warning: no config file for `lp0'
This is dvipsk 5.86 p1.5d Copyright 1996-2001 ASCII
Corp.([EMAIL PROTECTED])
based on dvipsk 5.86 Copyright 1999 Radical Eye Software
(www.radicaleye.com)
' TeX output 2002.03.13:2028' -> | lpr -Plp0
<texc.pro>. [1] Status Information:
sending job 'spavri@localhost+402' to lp0@localhost
connecting to 'localhost', attempt 1
connected to 'localhost'
requesting printer lp0@localhost
job 'spavri@localhost+402' transfer to lp0@localhost failed
error 'NONZERO RFC1179 ERROR CODE FROM SERVER' with ack 'ACK_FAIL'
sending str '^Blp0' to lp0@localhost
error msg: 'spool queue for 'lp0' does not exist on server
localhost.localdoma$ error msg: '   non-existent printer or you need to
run 'checkpc -f''

------------------end of excerpt from error log-----------------

can someone please help,

regards,