* Simon White <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-03-14 10:24]:
> I have a script which grabs today's Garfield comic,
> and /should/ then send it on to my wife.
> This is what I have:
> mutt -x -s Daily\ Garfield -a ga$theimg.jpg [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  echo smooches | mutt -s "Daily Garfield" -a ga$theimg.jpg [EMAIL PROTECTED]

now, if crontab does all this then you probably have to use "/dir/mutt".

> I have seen a few posts about this, but no matter how I try,
> I am missing something to make mutt send without prompting me for a
> password for my IMAP account, which is set up in my .muttrc file.

hmm... make mutt use some non-standard setup file then
by applying the option "-F file":

  echo smooches | mutt -F /dev/null ..

anyway, I find a page like this much mor effective:
  http://www-ttp.physik.uni-karlsruhe.de/cartoons/
("funnies" in english and german)  enjoy! :-)

>         Mutt User List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

this is a closed list, isn't it?

Sven