Kanagesh --

...and then Kanagesh said...
%
% Hi,

Hello!

%
% I'm using mutt to connect to a mail server.  I can access my mail box
% and
% receive all mails, but when I try to send a mail, I am not able to.  I
% guess
% mutt uses sendmail in the local system to SEND mails and POP to access
% mails from the server (am I right??) .  I am able to connect to the

Yep; that's exactly right.

% server
% successfully and access all my mails.  Initially, mutt was assuming the
% FROM address as  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  (but it should have
% been [EMAIL PROTECTED] ).  I added "hclinfinet.com" to the "from"
% field of .muttrc, but that hasn't helped sending a mail out of my
% system.

That's not the issue; you need to have sendmail working so that anything
else on the box could send mail out.  If you don't have or want sendmail
itself, many folks prefer qmail, postfix, or exim, and there are really
simple talk-to-a-smart-mailhost-and-do-nothing-else programs like ssmtp
that have worked well for folks who pop or fetch (generally preferred
over mutt's pop support, BTW) their mail.

%
% any help would be great. thanks in advance.

HTH & HAND

%
% regards,
% kanagesh.