Michael --

...and then Michael P. Soulier said...
%
%     Gentlemen/Ladies,
%
%     Is there a way in Mutt to specify the To: field of an outgoing email
% based on addresses in a random text file? I'm aware of the alias capability to
% specify mailing lists, but if I simply have a file of email addresses, and I'd
% like Mutt to use those for an outgoing message, is there a simple way to
% accomplish that?

Do you mean something like

  for NAME in `cat /tmp/names` ; do mutt $NAME < /tmp/mailbody ; done

or so?

If you want to suck in everything in /tmp/names to your to: field for a
massive letter, then I simply put my cursor at the field (I use bcc:) and
read in the file, which is already tab-indented and comma-separated; I
have a script that grabs addresses and generates that output.

You might try generating your list of names such that it makes an alias
definition and then sourcing that file from within mutt or your muttrc or
even making the file itself a bare-bones muttrc file, but all of those
sound pretty ugly.

Just want do you want to do?

%
%     Thanks,
%
%     Mike

HTH & HAND

%
% --
% Michael P. Soulier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, GnuPG pub key: 5BC8BE08
% "...the word HACK is used as a verb to indicate a massive amount
% of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to Unix

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]