* Alexander Skwar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-03-18 22:41]:
> I'm using Maildir as my default mbox type and also want
> to save old messages in my archive in mbox format.  To
> do this, I'm using the compressed folders patch, and
> when I was still using mbox, this worked fine.
>
> However, when mbox_type is set to Maildir, saving to
> .bz2 files won't work.  The messages simply aren't
> appended to the .bz2 file.  Setting mbox_type
> to mbox allows me to save the messages.

who said that the "compressed folders patch"
will work when using Maildir format?  ;-)
(no, I did not bother to check this.. did you?)

> Is there a way to also execute some mutt
> "commands" in the save-hook/append-hook?

append-hook?  is this a new one?

  $ grep append- mutt-1.3.27/*(.)
  mx.c:    else /* use regular append-copy mode */
  grep: po: Is a directory
  sendlib.c:    dprint (1, (debugfile, "mutt_write_fcc():
  unable to open mailbox %s in append-mode, aborting.\n",

hmm...

as for "save-hook":

  3.14.  Specify default save filename
  Usage: save-hook [!]pattern filename