At  8:25 PM EST on March 23 Sven Guckes sent off:
> * Rob Reid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-03-22 01:18]:

Hey, you changed your attribution string!  ;-)

> > Is there a way to pass the location of the current folder to the shell?
>
> no.  unless you have set MAIL before starting mutt - then it'll be accessible
> via $MAIL.

Yeah, but that means one mutt per folder.  Thanks but no thanks.

> > There are some threads (including in my inbox) that I don't want being
> > counted as new mail, so I filter them out with a procmail recipe: ..
> > Message IDs could also be used, but Subject works at least as well.
>
> yep, MIDs are probably best for checking.

I already have MID killfiles, but subjects have some advantages:
1. Sometimes people reply in a thread but change the subject.  I'd like to know
   when that happens.
2. More importantly, threads have a way of recurring.  i.e. on Jan. 2, somebody
   could write "Problem sending PGP to Outlook", and a thread will start and
   finish within a week.  You've been on the list long enough to know that
   sooner or later someone else will start another one on the same topic, but
   the MIDs will be different.
3. If the killfile ever gets too big, the subjects make more sense than the
   MIDs when deciding what to throw out.  It also helps to trim them down to
   only the important words (PGP Out look) to catch recurring threads with
   slightly different titles.

--
"Drug Store Body. Let's get the Good Shape and have a sexy body just like a
 pig." - slogan on a pair of Japanese overalls