* Dave Price <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-03-27 10:31]:
> I really did take a look at the online help and docs first ...
>
> Are there quick ways to:
>
> * change to main inbox?

If you mean your spool ($MAIL in the shell), there is the !
shortcut.

> * save a message to a specific folder without confirmation -
> can i turn the append to folder confirmation off globally?

  6.3.26.  confirmappend

  Type: boolean
  Default: yes

  When set, Mutt will prompt for confirmation when appending
  messages to an existing mailbox.

  6.3.27.  confirmcreate

  Type: boolean
  Default: yes

  When set, Mutt will prompt for confirmation when saving
  messages to a mailbox which does not yet exist before creating
  it.

Set these to no.

> * select and save a group of messages matching a pattern to a
> particular folder?

Use tagging, in this case tag-pattern, which I think is bound
to T by default, and tag-prefix, bound to ; to save the messages:

  T~A;s=somewhere/else

will tag all messages (~A), apply the save function (;s) to them,
and set the box to be somewhere/else.

(darren)

--
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.
Love is the law, love under will.