27-Mar-02 at 15:07, Charles Gagnon ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote :
> Is there a way to tag or delete by date. I use to do this a while back using
> mush. Since I have a lot of folders where I get reports (i.e. backup reports
> for example), deleting by date was an easy way to keep only the current and
> previous month for example. All I would need is a way to say "tag/delete
> everything older than <specific date>" or even "tag/delete everything older
> than <number of days>", whatever is easier.

tag-pattern (usually bound to T)
~d range-range
tag-delete (usually ; then d)

See the manual for patterns, etc.

> If it's not in there, it would be a great feature.

This is easy for Mutt, one of his stock tricks you don't even have to
teach him.

You could write a macro to automatically delete messages older than a
certain date from a certain person, all in one keypress...

--
[Simon White. vim/mutt. [EMAIL PROTECTED] GIMPS:57.39% see www.mersenne.org]
History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree