David --

...and then David DeSimone said...
%
% Sven Guckes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
% >
% > there is no command which scrolls the index by one line - sorry.
%
% What about these?
%
% Index bindings:
%     <   previous-line          scroll up one line
%     >   next-line              scroll down one line

Oh.  *duh*  I completely missed those when I was looking for his answer!

%
% If you were to combine these in a macro...
%
%     macro index { <previous-entry><next-line>
%     macro index } <next-entry><previous-line>
%
% Then the cursor would sit still, while the index scrolls around it.

Hey, that's pretty slick :-)

%
% --
% David DeSimone   | "The doctrine of human equality reposes on this:
% [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  that there is no man really clever who has not
% Hewlett-Packard  |  found that he is stupid." -- Gilbert K. Chesterson
% Richardson IT    |    PGP: 5B 47 34 9F 3B 9A B0 0D  AB A6 15 F1 BB BE 8C 44

HAND

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]