On Wed, 03 Apr 2002, Shawn McMahon wrote:

> I suggested we install GNU ps, but nobody in management wanted to hear that.

I feel blessed.  I have two species of management.  The first kind
wouldn't recognize a server if it reached out and smacked them.
The second species wants to sound like they know what's going on, but
really has no idea what's going on, so when I suggest something, they
say "Hrmm.  Let me think about it."
Then they come back a few hours later and say "I think you're on to
something.  Go for it."

we install GNU stuff in /usr/local since Solaris doesn't have anything
in there by default.  Then to each their own, as they set up their
shell.  You have /usr/xpg4/bin, /usr/bin, /usr/local/bin, as you prefer.

Cheers,

-Tim

--
"He's God. He's flighty. First it's a garden, then there's apples, but you
can't EAT the apples, and there's a man and a women, but they can't bump