On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 09:02:06AM -0500, David T-G wrote:
> Michael --
>
> ...and then Michal 'hramrach' Suchanek said...
> %
> % ------------
> % set spoolfile="$HOME/Mail"
> % set mbox_type=Maildir
> % set record=$HOME/Mail/Sent
>
> This is interesting.  The spoolfile setting looks like what you would
> actually have for $folder, especially since $record is a mailbox under
$spoolfile is something like /var/spool/mail/$LOGNAME which is
undesirable - causes errors.
> that folder.  Should $spoolfile really be $HOME/Mailbox or something
> similar, or do you actually have
>
>   $HOME/
>     Mail/
>       cur/
>       tmp/
>       new/
>       Sent/
>         cur/
>         tmp/
>         new/
>
> which may or may not work (I don't think that Maildir is designed to have
> not only messages but "subfolders" in the same plce)?
This is what I have and it works except subfolders should start with a
dot (ie .Sent) to be accessible trough courier-imap for Mozilla.

> %
> % account-hook . unset imap_user imap_force_ssl
> % folder-hook . set [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> % account-hook artax set imap_force_ssl=yes imap_user=msuc8339
> % folder-hook artax set [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> % account-hook dec59 set imap_force_ssl=no imap_user=suchanek
> % folder-hook dec59 set [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> %
> % macro index \Csa ":set folder=imaps://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/mail<return>c?"
> % macro index \Csu ":set folder=imap://dec59.ruk.cuni.cz<return>c?"
> % macro index \Csl ":unset folder<return>c?"
> % -------------
> %
> % It doesnt work. You can switch to an imap account but once there you
> % can't switch anywhere else. I tried folder=~/Mail for local first but it
> % makes no difference.
>
> Instead of unsetting your folder for your local macro, set it back to
> your local mail dir (usually $HOME/Mail but that's tough to tell above).
I tried: no diff - see above-^

> % Another problem is I lose the checking for new mail.
>
> Use a "mailboxes" line to define where you want mutt to look.  I thought
> I saw one in an earlier mail from you...
AFAIK it has to be turned off to make any use of $folder for browsing.

> HTH & HAND
I suspect we have exhausted all the possibilities for now but I
appreciate your help anywawy.
I think I can use Mozilla when I really want to browse all my mailboxes
at once :-)

--
        Michal Suchanek
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]