* Dan Boger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-04-11 12:02]:
> On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 11:54:49AM -0400, darren chamberlain wrote:
> > > That being said, I would really like such an uncolor feature myself.
> > > I receive internal newsletters that I find easier to read if I
> > > highlight the section headings like this:
> > >
> > >     display-hook '~s "blips"' 'push "/\^[A-Z0-9][A-Z0-9 [:punct:]]*$^M"'
> > >
> > > These highlights disappear, however, whenever I search for something.
> > > Being able to color and uncolor patterns in the pager would be a good
> > > solution.
> >
> > Where does display-hook come from?  I just built 1.3.28 and use
> > 1.3.22.1 regularly and neither has it.  I'm assuming it comes from a
> > patch, but which one?
>
> I _think_ it's actually a message-hook?

Yup, got it.  Thanks.

I was interested in the hook displayed above, which is why I was looking
for display-hook in the first place.  I noticed, though, that the above
command jumps to the first occurance of the match, so my version adds a
<top> after the search.  Here is an example, similar to the above:

  message-hook "~s 'pgp|gpg'" 'push "<search>pgp|gpg<Return><top>"'

This highlights "pgp" and "gpg" in messages with pgp or gpg in the
subject.

Thanks to all who helped.

(darren)

--
A theory is not accepted when it's critics are converted,
but when they eventually die.