John --

...and then John P Verel said...
%
% On 04/11/02, 12:36:45PM -0400, darren chamberlain wrote:
% > * [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-04-11 12:24]:
%  >
% > > These big text files open fine with vim.  When I get home, I may have
% Using vim, I've gotten the From header to look like this:
%
% >From Robert F. Jones [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
%
% This, however, is not the standard mbox header, which, on my machine,
% looks like this:
%
% >From [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Fri Apr  7 18:38:07 2000

Exactly.

%
% When then run the edited file through formail, it does not add the
% correct missing From line.  Rather, it leaves the first instance of From

Right.

% as shown above unchanged and then escapes the remaining From lines with
% a >  I use the -b switch to stop this.  However, in no case does Mutt
% recognize the box as a valid mbox.  Any ideas?

Snip out any two consecutive messages from the file and attach them to a
reply to the list.  I'm sure someone can come up with a quick hack that
will [re?]build ^From_ lines for you.  Don't try mucking with it in vim
unless you only have two or three messages, in which case this should
have been simple anyway.

%
% Thanks.
%
% John

HTH & HAND

%
% --
% John P. Verel
% Living Proof That Low Tech Beats High Tech!

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]