begin  David T-G quotation:

> % yeah, but that's what he asked for. ;)
>
> It is?  He specifically said that he is limited to a web browser to get
> through the firewall.

Not his first question, his second.  I was replying to it; in fact, I
was replying to somebody's reply to that question, in which I don't
think they even quoted the first question.

It looked like he thought that a Java telnet applet would solve his
problem, and I was only addressing that.  It won't, given the parameters
he specified in his first question.

>   - sit at a client with a web browser
>   - get through the firewall looking like web traffic
>   - log in on his box at home for interactive shell processing

Yes.  Hence a Java telnet applet won't work.

--
Join the Sergio Brandano Fan Club:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/1999/debian-user-199910/msg00981.html