* Mike Arrison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-05-13 10:36]:
> Having come from pine, I'm used to html mail being rendered
> by lynx or links or something automatically.  When I view an
> html mail in Mutt, it says "[-- text/html is unsupported
> (use 'v' to view this part) --]".  Is there something I
> can do to tell Mutt to render html with lynx or links?

  $ grep auto_view $HOME/.muttrc
  auto_view text/html application/msword

  $ egrep '(links|antiword)' $HOME/.mailcap
  text/html         ; links -dump %s; nametemplate=%s.html; copiousoutput
  application/msword; antiword    %s; copiousoutput

see also:
http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~guckes/setup/mailcap
http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~guckes/setup/mutt*

Sven