On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 04:14:30PM -0400, Kevin Coyner wrote:
> 1.  Where do D (deleted) msgs go?  Is there an equivalent of
> trash, or am I truly out of the disneyland GUI world now and
> just like using rm on files, there's no going back.

of course they're truly deleted... I mean, if I wanted mutt to move them
to, say, a "Trash" folder, I'd save them there myself! But mutt being so
nice, you can make a macro, so that D will do "s=Trash\n" instead of
actually deleting the message.

> 2.  When I'm in the index mode with all mail listed and I've
> marked a bunch with D, is there a keystroke command that will
> flush out all of the D items so there's only N or O mail in there?

yup - '$' by default, I believe.  Look for 'sync-mailbox' in the manual.

> 3.  This is the question that bothers me most: Let's say I have
> three email POP3 email accounts on three different ISP/domains.
> I've got fetchmail set up to fetch from all three.   But what I
> can't figure out is how I can, on the fly, select any one of
> these accounts to be my From: and Reply-to: address. Presently
> I have my .muttrc setup with set from = [EMAIL PROTECTED] and
> this has each and every msg going out with that From address.
> But there are times when I need to use one of those other two
> addresses in the From header.  I tried setting 'set alternates =
> the other accts', but that didn't seem to do it.  So some
> general guidance would be appreciated here.  I'm getting the
> feeling I'll need to use hooks, but I haven't quite figured all
> that out yet.

this is really a FAQ, and if we have a canned answer for this question,
I'd love the pointer...  You can use *-hooks, if you always want to send
from a certain folder as a certain address, or when replying to certain
emails.  What I use though is a bunch of macros, that will change my
current setup, so that every message from now on will be sent as a new
profile...

so something like (from memory, untested):

macro index <F5> ':set [EMAIL PROTECTED]\n:set signature="~/.sig-addr"'
macro index <F6> ':set [EMAIL PROTECTED]\n:set signature="~/.sig-addr2"'

etc...

HTH!

--
Dan Boger