Kevin,

You are bringing back memories of two months ago when I started using
mutt.  So far every day has been better than the previous.  Ain't it
great?  Anyway, I can't help with all your questions, but:

On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 04:14:30PM -0400, Kevin Coyner wrote:
> 3.  This is the question that bothers me most: Let's say I have
> three email POP3 email accounts on three different ISP/domains.
> I've got fetchmail set up to fetch from all three.   But what I
> can't figure out is how I can, on the fly, select any one of
> these accounts to be my From: and Reply-to: address. Presently
> I have my .muttrc setup with set from = [EMAIL PROTECTED] and
> this has each and every msg going out with that From address.
> But there are times when I need to use one of those other two

I use folder hooks to set my from based on my current folder like this:
  folder-hook !+(folder1|folder2) 'set from="Me <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"'
  folder-hook +(folder1|folder2) 'set from="Me <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"'

But sometimes I start composing a mail in the wrong folder and it was a
pain to save it, then open back up in the right folder.  So with some
help from fellow mutters, I now use these macros to change from info on
command:

  alias Me1 Me <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  alias Me2 Me <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  macro compose 1 "<edit-from>^UMe1^M" "Set From to Me1"
  macro compose 2 "<edit-from>^UMe2^M" "Set From to Me2"

I sanatized my information here a bit, so forgive me if there are syntax
mistakes. :)

      -Mike Arrison