On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 11:19:34AM -0400, Brett Sanger wrote:

Answers to so far unanswered questions below.

> Okay, this is a simple one, but I didn't come across it in the docs.  How
> do I set my From: address?  I tinkered with my EMAIL enviroment, but that
> didn't make a difference.

Others have mentioned use_from, also (when you have more than one email
address you should look up the alternates directive in the manual.

> Is there an equivalent of the "sent-mail" folder?  A convenient way to
> make one?  If I hand-roll (via perl) the monthly archiving of such folders
> to mimic pine's behavior, what locking procedure does mutt use so that I
> can ensure I don't trample while it's reading/writing?

Look at the fcc-hook in the mutt manual. You can do monthly outboxs
using something like (untested)
fcc-hook . outbox.`date +%b-%Y`

> I'm looking at having Mail::Audit parse out my mail to various folders.
> Is there a convenient way to watch for traffic in these folders without
> entering each one?

Mutt will poll folders set in mailboxes using the period set with

set mail_check=5               # how often to poll for new mail

you can also have a window open with tail on a mail::audit log.

One Advantage of Maildir at this point. Because it has a seperate folder
for new mail, simply looking t see the new mail doesn't stop mutt from
seeing that folder as having new mail (ie unlike mbox it isn't simply
using atime vs mtime).

> I appreciate all the help!

No problem, HTH

Michael
--
Dr Michael A. Maibaum - (W)+1 (415) 561 1682 - (H)+1 (415) 626 6733
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>