On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 01:00:55PM -0700, Geoff Ludwiczak wrote:
> I have a question about how mutt checks for new mail and updates itself.  I
> noticed that in mutt, whenever you get new mail in a mailbox, you have to
> first move through to another message before it beeps about new mail.  Is there
> some way of getting it to report and update automatically without you having
> to move through to another message?

Your answer should be in this variable. Mutt does not show that behaviour with
me.

http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/manual-6.html#mail_check

--
Nils Vogels             PGP:0xC26BD15F Available on keyservers.
S@H:4922WU/6.680yr      --> setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu. Will you find aliens?

My other computer is your windows box.